In the early years of inception of the Indian Geotechnical Society (IGS), Annual Reports were published containing information on the technical activities of the members. The first Bulletin was published in 1956, which contained technical papers contributed by the members. The Bulletin was changed into a quarterly Journal in 1962. In addition to technical papers, the Journal included News and Note features. From October 1968, a separate quarterly Newsletter was introduced.
The Indian Geotechnical Journal has a wide circulation and is retrieved internationally.
Indian Geotechnical Journal is being published by Springer since 2012 (Vol. 42). For more information about journal, table of contents and submission details visit:-http://www.springer.com/engineering/civil+engineering/journal/40098.
All members of the society can access the journal articles from Springer through IGS portal login.
Members may contact IGS Secretariat at:-firstname.lastname@example.org for IGS portal login details.
Some of the old issues (prior to Volume 42) of the journal are available at the following link: IGS Journal Old issues.