Participation of professionals in Indian Geotechnical Society
Indian Geotechnical Society has been in the forefront of advancing geotechnical engineering practice in the country. It is essential that many professional organizations such as soil investigation agencies, consultants and designers, contractors, manufacturers of various products such as testing equipment, geosynthetics, ground improvement contractors, geo-environmental companies involved in testing of soils for contaminants, dewatering contractors, etc join the Indian Geotechnical Society as associates with the objectivesof delivering quality geotechnical services in India and abroad. The following are the criteria for admission and the membership benefits.
1. Experience of at least 5 years in geotechnical services/products.
2. Willingness and commitment to participate in IGS activities.Must participate in IGS activities at least once in three years in the form of attendance at IGS seminars / conferences /stalls and events.
3. Should have minimum 3 qualified personnel with a minimum of 5 years individual relevant experience. Employees or owners must have written at least three technical papers in conferences.
4. Must not have been black listed by any major government body from projects in the past three years. If disqualified,then company cannot become a corporate member for 2 years post disqualification or maybe cannot contest elections for 2 years.
5. Can become member of the IGS by paying either Rs. 9,000/- per year or Rs. 40,000/- for a block of 5 years (to be added) or Rs. 75,000/- for a block period of 10 years.
1. Concessional rate in sponsorship in IGS activities (10 percent).
2. Free copy of the journal and Newsletter and access to IGS library and website.
3. Mentioning of company profile in IGS Newsletter.
4. Support of the IGS professional forum. 5. Help in identification of potential well trained staff andinterns.
6. Participation in Professional activities of the Forum andSociety. Participation in Elections as an Institutional memberand have a say in the decision making.
7. Select papers will be given priority in publication andpresentation of technical papers in IGS conferences andevents. (Subject to review and scrutiny by experts).
The details for payment are as follows.
Beneficiary Name : Indian Geotechnical Society,
IFCS Code : IDIB000N044
Account No: : S.B. A/c 443208824,
Bank Name : Indian Bank,
Nehru Place, New Delhi
Income tax Permanent Account Number is: AAATI0175L
Contact Person: Mr. Sanjay Arora,
Executive Secretary, IGS
206, Manisha Building, 75-76,
Nehru Place, New Delhi - 110 019
Contact No.: +91-011-2621 0361,
Monday to Friday 10.00 AM to 5.30 PM
Saturday-Sunday & holidays - Closed